The Prison of Elders
|The Prison of Elders|
|Location||The Reef, Asteroid Belt|
|Description||Glory and treasure await those who survive.|
- See also: Challenge of the Elders
- 1 April Update (Year 2)
- 2 House of Wolves (Year 1)
- 3 Images
- 4 Lore
April Update (Year 2)
In the April Update, Level 41 Prison of Elders (Recommended Light Level 260) was introduced. This playlist can be standard or Taken modified. Each completion awards the player with 150 House of Judgment Reputation.
Additionally, Challenge of the Elders (Recommended Light Level 320) was added. Pick up an Elders' Sigil Passage Ticket from Variks for 500 Glimmer to gain entry. Each completion awards the player with 100 HoJ Rep.
- Treasure Chests no longer require Treasure Key to open.
- Enemies in PoE now provide credit to Vanguard Bounties.
House of Wolves (Year 1)
The Prison of Elders is a level 28 Arena found on the The Reef, Asteroid Belt. The co-op activity requires a group of 3 players and will feature automatic match making. Prison of Elders is a horde mode that requires the players to complete 5 rounds of battle (6 rounds for Skolas's Revenge. In the first 4 rounds, players are tasked to defeat 3 waves of enemies each. The 5th and final round consist of a Boss. Each round features a different enemy type, Fallen, Hive, Vex or Cabal along with a random modifier. The last 2 of 3 waves have critical objectives players need to complete. If everyone dies in a round, you need to restart the round from the beginning.
- Unlike Raids, PoE will not have check points between rounds.
There will be 6 challenge modes at level 32, 34 and 35. The more difficult modes offer greater loot and different modifiers. While the default level 28 mode has automatic match making, challenge modes will not. While the level 35 mode is static, level 32 and 34 modes will rotate every week.
- 3 challenge modes will be available every week (one at every level range). Players can complete all of them once per week for their rewards. Level 28 PoE will not have weekly lockout.
The Prison of Elders released on May 19, 2015 with the expansion House of Wolves. It replaced the raid activity found in previous editions of Destiny. Note that you will need to finish certain House of Wolves Story Missions in order to tackle PoE.
|Broken Legion||32/34||Valus Trau'ug|
|Cult of the Worm||32/34||Gulrot|
|Machine Wrath||32/34||Kaliks Reborn|
|The Forever Eater||32/34||Qodron|
Level 32 and 34 Challenge Modes rotate in a weekly by weekly basis. Level 35 mode will always be Skolas's Revenge.
There were weekly rewards for completing these challenge modes.
Starting with round 2, Critical Objectives can appear after wave 1 or 2. Players must complete these objectives within the time limit or wipe.
- Defusing Splinter Mines - Defuse all the mines that spawn by standing under them. The more players standing under the mine the faster it defuses. Players have 30 seconds to defuse each mine. Another mine will spawn 15 seconds after the one before. It'll take 1 player 8 seconds to defuse a mine. 2 players take 6 seconds and 3 players take 4 seconds.
- Destroy Splinter Mines - Destroy the mines with your weapons by shooting at them. Players have 30 seconds to destroy each mine. These mines spawn randomly on the map.
- Eliminate Target - This is similar to Kill VIP in Public Events. Players need to kill the target enemy before it runs through all the check points. The VIP spawns in the beginning of the wave. Take him out immediately (use Heavy Weapons).
If you do not use the Scorch Cannon, you can carry it to the next round.
Rooms and Bosses
- Place to be: The platform you start on when you enter the room. Move slightly to the right, and you're safe.
- Shield types: Solar/Void (focus on Solar for those Centurions, Void may be on Psions)
- Recommended Weapons: Solar Primary (if Psions are shielded, go Void), Solar Secondary (Shotgun preferably, Phalanx may rush), Solar or Strongest Heavy
- Place to be: Far left of room (but if you get overrun, rotate to the opposite side of the arena)
- Shield types: Arc/Solar (focus on Arc for Captains. Solar may be on Shanks)
- Weapons: Arc/Solar Primary, Arc Secondary (Shotgun preferably, Captains will rush), Arc or Strongest Heavy
- Place to be: Far left of the room (take out Thrall early and nothing will come at you again)
- Shield types: Arc/Solar (focus Solar for Wizards as they can do the most harm, Knights have Arc)
- Weapons: Arc/Solar Primary, Arc/Solar Secondary (Ranged is best), Solar or Strongest Heavy
- Place to be: Far left of the room (take out hobgoblins and minotaur on the left quickly and you're safe
- Shield types: Void/Arc (focus on Void for Minotaur. Arc may be on Harpies)
- Weapons: Void/Arc Primary, Void Secondary (Shotgun preferably Minotaur may rush), Void or Strongest Heavy
Qodron - In-depth guide
Urrox - In-depth guide
- Place to be: Far left (take out Thrall early and nothing will come at you again)
- Shield types: Arc/Solar
- Weapons: Solar Primary, Solar Secondary (Ranged is best), Solar or Strongest Heavy
- Mechanics: Clear the thralls very quickly, then you won't have any adds to really worry about during Urrox's Rage. His Rage works like this: Text will appear stating it's about to start, this is when you throw up your titan bubble (if you have one) and get ready to start jumping. When his rage starts your goal is to stay off the ground. Use whatever shield you have and get as much hang time as possible. As soon as you touch the ground, jump again. Repeat till it ends. Burn down Urrox between Rages.
Skolas - In-depth guide
- Place to be: Far left
- Quick Method to kill him: Run far left quickly (kill the servitor that is there), have everyone on your team empty GHorn onto Skolas, Synth once, and empty rockets again. If you all keep hitting him, he will die in <40 seconds. Now just diffuse mines.
Tips and Tricks
- You need to complete all 5 rounds to obtain the loot.
- Have a wide variety of weapons
- The easiest method to defuse all the bombs is to have a Bladedancer to go invisible and diffuse each bomb on their own. Having more then one Hunter will make it even easier. The next best way will be with a Defender using their bubble/blessing on each point to keep themselves safe to diffuse it (Helm of Saint-14 is a plus). Lastly, if you're in a team of all Warlocks, I will use Sunsinger for revive then find an area next to each bomb site so that you can get on them quickly when they spawn. Maybe travel as a group as well so that you diffuse faster.
Prison of Elders (Level 28) awards the player with House of Judgement reputation, Engram, 6 Vanguard Marks and 25 Vanguard Reputation upon completion. You also have a chance of obtaining Queen's Wrath Weapons but no chance of getting Fallen-themed weapons or armor. Players can obtain additional rewards from small and large chests.
Challenge Mode Rewards have weekly reset:
|Level||First Completion of the Week|
|Level 32||House of Judgement +200, Armor Core|
|Level 34||House of Judgement +300, Weapon Core, Etheric Light|
|Level 35||House of Judgement +500, Weapon Core, Armor Core, Etheric Light|
- First completion bonus is received once per week per character.
- Note that players will receive Hildian Seeker, Kellbreaker and The Queen's Web for completing Skolas's Revenge for the first time.
2 small chests are found in the Treasure Room, at the end of a PoE match. These chests do not need keys to open. They can contain Treasure Keys, Weapon Cores, Armor Cores, Token of Judgment, Token of Flight, Token of Identity, Judgment's Tribute, Strange Coins, Mote of Light and Planetary Materials.
Large chest is found in the Treasure Room at the end of a PoE match. The large chest is the center chest that requires a Treasure Key to open. This chest can contain Exotics, Queen's Wrath weapons, Mark of a Kellslayer, Kellhunter's Hood, Dread's Enmity, Mote of Light and Strange Coins. Your first large chest opening of the week has a very high chance of granting an Exotic weapon or armor. Subsequent chest openings of the week have far smaller chance of granting an Exotic.
- Players will receive Hildian Seeker, Kellbreaker and The Queen's Web for opening the large chest after completing Skolas's Revenge (lvl 35) for the first time.
Queen's Wrath Weapons
|Type||Damage Type||Attack||Impact||Rate of Fire||Magazine||Range||Stability||Reload|
|Dry Rot 32||Shotguns||Random Elemental||331-365||40||35||6||11||41||63|
|Her Benevolence||Sniper Rifles||Random Elemental||331-365||31||19||4||66||46||54|
|Her Courtesy||Shotguns||Random Elemental||331-365||61||14||5||10||31||29|
|Her Mercy||Hand Cannons||Kinetic||331-365||81||22||10||25||32||26|
|Her Right Hand||Auto Rifles||Kinetic||331-365||28||77||25||23||49||66|
|Hygiea Noblesse||Scout Rifles||Kinetic||331-365||48||37||14||66||47||64|
|Payment VI||Pulse Rifles||Kinetic||331-365||14||66||24||37||60||66|
|Techeun Force||Fusion Rifles||Random Elemental||331-365||84||6||38||42||56|
|The Dreamwaker||Rocket Launchers||Random Elemental||331-365||4||1||29||60|
|Wolves' Bane||Machine Guns||Random Elemental||331-365||61||59||23||26||12||31|
Each weapon can be purchased from Variks with a Weapon Core (rewarded from Prison of Elders) or obtained randomly from a Judgement's Chance. Primary weapons with elemental damage are dropped from Skolas.
This combat arena pits brave Guardian Fireteams against the solar system's deadliest enemies. Not all who enter survive, but those who do earn glory… and the greatest treasures of the Reef.