Check Out Defender on Destiny 2 Wiki
- See also: Defender (Medal)
Defender is the defensive subclass of Titan. The Defender specializes in disabling enemies, buffing and protecting their allies. Their Super ability is Ward of Dawn. The ability creates a void shield that protects you and your allies while you are in it. It's Suppressor Grenade prevents enemies from using their abilities. The Defender's melee attack, Disintegrate, gives them another shield that absorbs incoming damage.
- To unlock Defender, players must reach level 15 as a Striker.
Ward of Dawn:
|Armor of Light||While inside Ward of Dawn, you and your allies gain significant damage resistance.|
|Blessing of Light||Passing through Ward of Dawn grants you and your allies a temporary shield.|
|Weapons of Light||Passing through Ward of Dawn grants you and your allies a temporary increase to weapon damage.|
|Gift of Light||While the shield created by Disintegrate is active, all of your melee kills have a chance to create Orbs of Light.|
|Unbreakable||Force Barrier continually recharges|
|War Machine||While Force Barrier is active, all your weapons reload and ready blindingly fast.|
|Catapult||Upgrades Lift to provide a strong initial burst of momentum.|
|Increased Control||Upgrades Lift for better directional control while in the air.|
|Increased Height||Upgrades Lift to travel to greater heights.|
|Bastion (Perk)||Increases the duration of Ward of Dawn. Increases Armor by 2.|
|Gift of the Void||As Ward of Dawn takes damage from enemy fire, it creates additional Orbs of Light.|
|Relentless||Increases the duration and strength of the shield created by Disintegrate.|
|Illuminated||Increases the benefits granted by Blessing of Light and Weapons of Light.|
|Iron Harvest||Heavy Weapon kills have a chance to create Orbs of Light for your allies.|
|Untouchable||Reduces the cooldown time of Ward of Dawn. Increases Armor by 1.|
- Note that Defender shares Training perks with Striker
1. Orb Generation Build: Magnetic Grenade/Suppressor Grenade, Catapult, Blessing of Light, Gift of Light, Titan Codex II, Gift of the Void, Titan Codex IV and Iron Harvest.
- This build is designed to generate as many Orbs of Light for your teammates as possible. Gift of the Void generates 3 orbs when your Ward of Dawn is attacked by enemy. Use Heavy Weapon and melee attacks to generate more obs.
2. Support Build: Magnetic Grenade/Suppressor Grenade, Catapult, Blessing of Light, Gift of Light, Titan Codex II, Bastion,Titan Codex IV and Illuminated.
- This build is designed to support your fire team. Talk to your team before placing the Ward of Dawn. Helm of Saint-14 is a good piece of armor to have.
3. Melee Build: Magnetic Grenade/Suppressor Grenade, Catapult, Armor of Light, Unbreakable, Titan Codex II, Relentless,Titan Codex VI and Untouchable.
- This is a tanky, melee build perfect for soloing. Fight in close range with melee and shotgun. Keep Force Barrier on you as much as you can. If you can't move back for a bit or use Ward of Dawn.
Intellect > Discipline = Strength
- Ward of Dawn is a powerful ability central to the kit of Defender.
Helm of Saint-14 blinds all enemies that enter Ward of Dawn. It is one of the best items for Defender.
The Glasshouse is ideal for buffing your allies.
Ruin Wings is good when used with Iron Harvest.
No Backup Plans is useful for a melee build.
- Defender PvP Guide