Check Out Gunslinger on Destiny 2 Wiki
Gunslinger is the solar subclass of Hunter. The specialization of Gunslinger is dealing damage from afar. It excels in solo-play and single target damage. Gunslinger's super ability is the Golden Gun. Golden Gun transforms the player's weapon into a glowing magnum. Players will have a maximum of 3 shots with the magnum. Each shot will instantly kill weaker enemies in PvE and enemy players in PvP. Gunslinger's jump ability is Double Jump, which allows the player to jump consecutively. Gunslinger's melee attack is the Throwing Knife. It allows the player to throw their knife when meleeing enemies not in melee range.
- Gunslinger is perfect for a player who wants to play Destiny as a standard first-person shooter game.
|Combustion||Killing an enemy with Golden Gun causes them to explode.|
|Deadeye||Significantly increases the accuracy of Golden Gun.|
|Gunfighter||Reduces the cooldown of Golden Gun, allowing it to be used more often.|
|Circle of Life||Killing an enemy with Throwing Knife while Golden Gun is active extends the duration of Golden Gun. Also increase armor by 1.|
|Incendiary Blade||Throwing Knife catches enemies on fire, dealing additional damage over time.|
|Knife Juggler||Precision kills with the throwing knife immediately resets its cooldown.|
|Better Control||Upgrades Double Jump for better directional control while in air.|
|Higher Jump||Upgrades Double Jump for even greater heights|
|Triple Jump||Upgrades Double Jump with a third jump.|
|Gunslinger's Trance||Precision kills increase weapon stability. Stacks up to 3 times.|
|Keyhole||Golden Gun overpenetrates and can damage multiple targets.|
|Scavenger||Picking up ammo reduces the cooldown of your grenade and Throwing Knife|
- Note that Gunslinger shares Training perks with Bladedancer
1. Tripmine Grenade (or Incendiary Grenade if you prefer), Triple Jump, Combustion, Knife Juggler, Path Forbidden, Scavenger (or Keyhole if you feel like it will help, or Gunslinger's Trance if you have a high recoil weapon), Way of the Nomad, Chain of Woe
- Blow everything up. Then shoot everything. Then go Super Saiyan. Then blow everything up by shooting everything. Don't feel like shooting things? Stab things in the face, up close and from distance! Collect ammo, then repeat.
1. Tripmine Grenade (or Swarm Grenade if you're defending points), Better Control Jump, Deadeye (or Combustion, for capturing points in Control), Incendiary Blade, Path Forgotten, Keyhole, Way of the Fearless, Chain of Woe (or Gambler's Dagger, if I feel like throwing lots of Knives)
- Use your grenades wisely to control the map. Watch your radar and stick them right on the corner that the enemy is about to turn; that'll surprise them! Throw them on a wall behind a point as enemies try and capture it, and watch them all blow up! If you're using combustion, go nuts and get some easy triple-down/breaker medals as you assault the points. Always go for headshots and use your knife whenever you feel like you can get a hit.
PvE: Intellect > Discipline > Strength
PvP: Intellect > Discipline = Strength
Achlyophage Symbiote is the best Exotic for Gunslinger. It gives you an additional Golden Gun shot per use. It is good in PvP and PvE.
Knucklehead Radar is good in PvP.
- Use Cover - Rocks are your best friend. Also low walls. If you can crouch behind a wall, try point your gun near the top and then aim down sights... you can automatically aim over the cover! You can totally avoid 99% of damage by just barely sticking your head out over a wall or a rock. The enemies still shoot the rock, and you'll still be able to shoot them!
- Backpedal - 1. Learn your surroundings. 2. Learn to shoot while walking backwards. 3. Keep the enemy in front of you. 4. Win.
- Keep Moving - Enemies are pretty smart. They know when you're super'd, they know when you're low on ammo, and they know when you're afraid. They will retreat or rush up to kick your ass at the worst of times, so don't underestimate them, and keep moving at all times.
- Gunslinger is pretty straightforward. It's just about the most 'shooter' class you can get in this game. Shoot enemies, go for headshots, throw some knives when you feel like it, and use Golden Gun as much as possible. Make your shots count, and play smart. When you activate your super, try to do so around corners. You can and will be shot immediately upon activating it, so try not to be in the open when you do. Also, get as much practice with Tripmine Grenades as you can, and you'll be unstoppable. Remember: Stick em on the WALLS (or an actual enemy, that works too), not the floor. Horizontal > Vertical