Check Out The Crucible on Destiny 2 Wiki
- See also: Crucible Bounties
The Crucible is the PvP or player versus player game mode where the players' level and gear advantages are normalized. In Crucible matches, Guardians of all levels and gear rarity are on the equal playing field.
There are 6 different modes in The Crucible. Each mode offers different objectives. By participating in PvP, players will not only gain experience points but also earn Crucible Marks, Crucible Gear and Crucible Reputation.
In Crucible the players' stats are normalized, the player's level advantage, Attack of your weapons and the Defense of your armor do not matter. Other weapons stats such as Impact, armor stats such as Discipline and sublcass stats do matter.
- The other PvP mode, Iron Banner, does not normalize level and gear. Level difference and gear quality do matter in Iron Banner.
- The Crucible can be used as an alternative to PvE activities such as Story Missions, Strikes and Explore to level up your character.
- Players can only earn 100 Crucible Marks per week.
How to Earn Points
|Text Displayed||Points Awarded||Description||Bonus||Streak|
|Assist||50||Help your teammate to get a kill||No||No|
|Kill||100||Kill an enemy player||No||No|
|Melee||10||Kill an enemy with a melee attack||Yes||No|
|Grenade||10||Kill an enemy with a Grenade||Yes||No|
|Headshot||10||Kill an enemy with precision damage||Yes||No|
|Heavy Weapon||15||Kill an enemy with Heavy Weapon||Yes||No|
|Super||25||Kill an enemy with a super||Yes||No|
|First Place Kill||50||Kill the enemy who is in the first place (most points)||Yes||No|
|5 Kill Streak||25||Kill 5 enemies without dying||Yes||Yes|
|10 Kill Streak||50||Kill 10 enemies without dying||Yes||Yes|
|15 Kill Streak||50||Kill 15 enemies without dying||Yes||Yes|
- Bonus points stack onto your Kill points (100).
- Streak points are obtained by kill enemies without dying.
|Text Displayed||Points Awarded||Class Required||Description||Bonus|
|Throwing Knife||10||Gunslinger||Kill an enemy with Throwing Knife||Yes|
|Self-Resurrect||25||Sunsinger||Revive yourself with Radiance||No|
|Support||15||Defender||Assist your teammate to get a kill with Ward of Dawn buff||No|
|Text Displayed||Points Awarded||Vehicle(s) Required||Description||Bonus|
|Pilot Bonus||25||Any||Get a kill while piloting a vehicle||Yes|
|Turret Bonus||25||Turret||Get a kill with a turret||Yes|
|Sparrow Kill||5||Sparrow||Kill an enemy on Sparrow||Yes|
|Pike Kill||50||Pike||Killing an enemy on Pike||Yes|
|Interceptor Kill||75||Interceptor||Killing an enemy on Interceptor||Yes|
|Turret Kill||50||Turret||Killing an enemy on Turret||Yes|
Widow's Court - House of Wolves
The Timekeeper - House of Wolves
Thieves' Den - House of Wolves
Floating Gardens - Rise of Iron
Black Shield - House of Wolves
Cathedral of Dusk - The Taken King
PvP Tips and Tricks
Use grenades and supers as soon as they're ready, but try to hit 2-3 targets.
- Any time spent not throwing a grenade or using a super that's ready is potential damage lost. Use them right away and aim to inflict damage on multiple enemies if possible. Easier said than done. In Control, as the enemy neutralizes and attempts to capture their second zone is a fantastic time to drop a super and wipe half the team.
When you see any red on your radar, crouch
- There's a saying, "Slow is fast." The slower you move, the more clearly you see what's happening. When you see red, crouch and assess the situation. How many enemies are near you and how many teammates? You don't want to engage multiple enemies unless your entire team happens to be with you. When you see red, crouch to remain undetected and survive. Wait to confirm it's just one enemy, then you can more easily pick him off.
Stay close to your teammates but not within blast radius.
- For a host of reasons, staying near your teammates is critical. Even if you're playing with randoms, you can still support them. Pick a teammate and run a wingman mission. You get assists, you don't die as much, your enemies die more, good good good. Just don't get too close. Especially in the 30 seconds following a heavy ammo drop.
"Heavy Ammo Inbound"
- Drop whatever you're doing and sprint to the HA spawn. Because of the insane power of Heavy Ammo, try to wait for 1-2 teammates to arrive before you take it. The first one drops at the 9:00 mark in Clash/Control.
Disengage, regen, regroup.
- As soon as you start taking damage, disengage. Find cover to regen. Hopefully some of your teammates are nearby to suppress the enemy and possibly give you assist points. If you're all alone, then run forest. Go meet up with someone friendly and continue your campaign.
- Doorways are called fatal funnels.
- Learn the maps. learn every angle, the Heavy Ammo spawn points, all the different routes.
- Interceptors are good! Think unlimited rockets. You even get a big boost to your defense because the thing soaks up bullets. Use it with caution and pick off single enemies.
- When you Crouch (O button on PS3 and 4), you ping on the radar far less. Use it when defending a base, hiding in tunnels or just generally avoiding the enemy.
- Use Your Sparrow (If You Can) - Just ‘cause you are in a PvP match that doesn't mean you can't use your Sparrow! Well, it does on most maps, but on the Moon map First Light you are able to use your Sparrow to get around. It’s a really useful way of getting straight back in to the fight after you've died, or if you need to get out of a hairy situation quickly.
- Always Pick Up The Special and especially Heavy Ammo - Heavy and Special ammo are VERY useful. Currently, they spawn after the first 30 seconds, then after that they spawn every 60 seconds until the game finishes. If you pick up an ammo drop, any team mates within 20 meters will also receive the ammo that was picked up, so always make sure to pick it up if you are nearby.
- Switch Weapons On The Fly - Playing on a close quarters map and you wish you had your Shotgun but you have a Sniper rifle in your Special slot instead? Don’t worry; you are able to switch out your weapons at any time. HOWEVER, any time you switch out your Special/Heavy weapon to another weapon you will lose all of the ammo you had for that type of weapon, so be cautious!