Rise of Iron
- See also: Rise of Iron (Quest)
Rise of Iron is the 4th expansion of Destiny and the 1st expansion in Year 3 of Destiny. The expansion will release on September 20, 2016 for $30. Unlike the Destiny base game and previous expansions, Rise of Iron is for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One only. The promotional poster, intended for E3 2016, was leaked on May 19, 2016.
Items and Collectibles
- Lord Saladin is the main NPC
- New Patrol location: Plaguelands, located south of Old Russia
- New Social Space: Felwinter Peak
- New Story Missions and Quests
- New Weapons and Armor
- New Raid: Wrath of the Machine
- New Strike: The Wretched Eye, Sepiks Perfected, The Abomination Heist
- New Crucible Mode, Supremacy
- New Crucible Maps: The Last Exit, Floating Gardens, Skyline and Icarus (PS exclusive)
- New Patrol Missions
- New Enemy Faction: SIVA-enhanced Fallen and Bosses
- Maximum Light increase
- New Relic: Flaming Battleaxe, Shock Cannon
- Private Matches
- Iron Banner revamp
- Artifacts Rework
- Ornamentation - new way to re-skin weapons and armor.
- Rise of Iron Record Book
- Skeleton Keys
Destiny The Collection
Destiny The Collection includes base Destiny, Crota's End, House of Wolves, The Taken King and Rise of Iron. Pre-orders will come with the Iron Gjallarhorn and the Iron Gjallarwing Sparrow. Destiny The Collection will cost $60 and is ideal for new players because it has all of the Destiny 1 content.
- Questline: Show of Strength
- Reward for Quest: Timeless Tereshkova - a Ship
- PvP Map: Icarus - in Languid Sea, Mercury
The wall which stood for centuries along the southern border of Old Russia has collapsed, a battle-scorched reminder that our enemies still seek to destroy us all. Fallen mutants now scavenge the tombs of the Golden Age, and the plague they have unearthed in the wastes is more dangerous than even they understand. Join Lord Saladin. Journey into the Plaguelands. Learn the fate of the Iron Lords and stop the growing threat before it is too late.
This area near the Cosmodrome has been quarantined for centuries. Now the Devil Splicers have broken through the walls, dug deep into the earth and found technology of almost limitless power. The Splicers are using this forbidden technology – SIVA – to transform the region to fit their twisted desires.
The Devil Splicers
Every Fallen House has Splicers – body hackers and bioengineers, these Splicers meld flesh and machine. The Devil Splicers are loyal to the House of Devils, and they now have the ultimate technology – SIVA. They are using it to transform themselves. Instead of worshiping machine gods, the Devil Splicers will *become* machine gods.
The Iron Lords
Before the City and the Vanguards, there were the Iron Lords. Blessed by the Traveler’s Light, these brave warriors dedicated themselves to defending humanity and rebuilding a lost civilization. From their mountain fortress on Felwinter Peak, the Iron Lords ranged across the planet, battling the Darkness and protecting the survivors of the Collapse. They did great things … but then they encountered an enemy they could not defeat. Now Lord Saladin, the last Iron Lord, honors the memories of his lost brothers and sisters. And he waits … because he knows that someday the thing that destroyed the Iron Lords will return.