Smite of Merain (Adept)
|Smite of Merain (Adept)|
|Rate of Fire||66|
|Acquired by||King's Fall (Age of Triumph)|
|Description||Barrel etching: "He parted them like a sea, which closed upon him again."|
- Solar Damage - This weapon causes Solar Damage.
- Will of Light - This weapon deals bonus damage against Taken enemies.
- Infuse - Consume a more powerful Weapon to boost the Attack value of this Weapon.
- Linear Compensator - More predictable recoil. Slight boosts to range and impact. More recoil.
- Accurized Ballistics - More range and impact. Increased recoil.
- Field Choke - More range and impact. Increased recoil.
- Cocoon - When stowed for a short time, this weapon is automatically reloaded from your reserves.
- Hand Loaded - This weapon is effective at an extended range.
- Lightweight - When held, this weapon grants +2 character Agility.
- Reinforced Barrel - Increased Range Reduced Stability
- Firefly - Precision kills with this weapon cause the target to explode.
Tips and Tricks
- Time-to-Kill: 1.00s (2.33 bursts. 6 crit shots and 1 body shot), 1.50 (10 body shots)
- 31 damage per crit shot, 21 damage per body shot
Pros and Cons
- Pros - Above average range. High mag size. Very high recoil direction.
- Neutral - None.
- Cons - Below average stability. Very low reload speed and aim assist.
Now here's a weapon that, although it seems to be lacking stat-wise, I'm actually excited to get my hands on. As the only pulse rifle in the game with Firefly, that alone would be enough to make me consider giving it a shot, but the adept version also comes with Solar damage, and it's got a large magazine size and easy to control recoil. Stay away from it in any type of competitive PvP mode, but if you're looking for a great PvE weapon for clearing adds, this will be it. It's not quite as unwieldy at close range as a scout, and its got much better reach than a hand cannon, so you kinda get to sit in the nice middle ground. Definitely recommend giving this weapon a shot, if only for its unique gameplay. One thing that may hurt a bit is the atrocious aim assist, but that's not so important in PvE anyways. As far as perks, Linear Comp makes the recoil perfectly vertical, Hand Loaded helps to boost the already decent range, and we've already discussed Firefly.