Anguish of Drystan (Adept)
|Anguish of Drystan (Adept)|
|Description||"Engines dead. Do we still have Earth signal? Tell them we were wrong!" —Capt. Drystan Cor, First Fleet|
|Rate of Fire||77|
|How to Obtain|
|Activities||King's Fall (Age of Triumph)|
- Will of Light - This weapon deals bonus damage against Taken enemies.
- Infuse - Consume a more powerful Weapon to boost the Attack value of this Weapon.
- Linear Compensator - More predictable recoil. Slight boosts to range and impact. More recoil.
- Accurized Ballistics - More range and impact. Increased recoil.
- Field Choke - More range and impact. Increased recoil.
- Cocoon - When stowed for a short time, this weapon is automatically reloaded from your reserves.
- Fitted Stock - Increases weapon stability.
- Lightweight - When held, this weapon grants +2 character Agility.
- Braced Frame - Increased Stability Reduced Magazine Size
- Crowd Control - Kills with this weapon grant bonus damage for a short time.
- Time-to-Kill: 0.93s (5 crit shots and 3 body shots), 1.20s (10 body shots)
- 28 damage per crit shot, 22 damage per body shot
Pros and Cons
- Pros - Very high recoil direction. Above average stability.
- Neutral - None.
- Cons - Below average range and mag size. Very low reload speed. Low aim assist.
Really trying to take the title of worst weapon in the game from Bane, the Anguish of Drystan is an aptly named competitor. With the only positives to this weapon being the easy to control recoil thanks to high recoil direction and decent stability, I once again cannot fathom an opportunity where this weapon would shine. Below average range, which really hurts for a weapon in this archetype, combined with poor aim assist just means this weapon is mostly causing Anguish to the user, instead of enemies. Linear Comp, as almost always, is the best choice for the barrel perk thanks to the increased impact, range, and recoil direction. Braced Frame is the best perk in the middle column, but it will drop your mag size down to 26, which is pretty low overall, but average for the impact class. In the last column Life Support, Crowd Control, and Eye of the Storm are all usable, but nothing is going to salvage this weapon.