Majors and Ultras
Majors are any enemies with yellow name tags. They also have more health, own more powerful shields that recharge faster, and have better Artificial Intelligence. Their headshot damage is also reduced by half compared to normal variants of the enemy. These enemies come in various names and types. You can I.D. them because of their yellow names.
Ultras are bosses with yellow name tags AND a skull mark on their name tags. They are even more powerful than Majors. They retain the extra defense from headshots granted to major enemies. In Addition to better stats, shields and A.I like the Majors, Ultras have circular AoE abilities that knock you back if you get too close.
Fallen Major Locations
- Ishtar Cliffs on Venus - 2 to 4 Majors - The Fallen majors spawns near the water caves and the two landing areas for the Skiffs. Do a rotation around the map to have the Fallen continuously spawn.
- Scourge of Winter (Story Mission) on Venus - 2 Majors - Last checkpoint, Draksis. Two Fallen majors that are easy to find and kill. To wipe, let Draksis stomp you.
- Ruling House (Story Mission) on Earth - 3 Majors - Last checkpoint in King's Watch, there are three Fallen captain majors and one Servitor major. Do not kill all three captains or the story will end. You can kill two captains and one servitor. To wipe, jump out of the window.
Hive Major Locations
- The Steppes on Earth - 3 Majors - The obvious known location is in the subway as soon as you spawn in the Cosmodrome. One knight and two acolyte majors. If someone else is fighting them, you can stand above their location and reap the rewards.
- Archer's Line on Moon - 2 Majors - The two Knights are located just before the Hive Fortress through abandoned space dome thing.This method because it is not as effective as the Earth location.
- The Wakening (Story Mission) on Moon - 4 Majors - Last checkpoint, there are four Hive wizards around Crota's crystal. This method unless you're a decent sniper. Using a solar Sniper Rifle, you can pick them off easily with a headshot and body shot without aggroing the other wizards. Jump on a platform to avoid the Knights hitting you or take out the knights first.
Vex Major Locations
- Ishtar Cliffs on Venus - 1 to 3 Majors - There is one Minotaur that spawns by the stairs before heading to Waking Ruins (VoG). Around the area there is a RNG spawn of Vex majors.
- The Citadel on Venus - 3 to 5 Majors - Another good alternative is The Citadel with two Minotaurs before the stairs to The Terminus and one Minotaur to the right of it. Also at the opposite end of The Citadel if you cross the bridge, there are a few RNG Vex major spawns.
- The Buried City on Mars - 2 to 3 Majors - In the room at the back of the entrance there is one Minotaur and one Harpy that are majors. There is another RNG Harpy major that shows up in groups of 3 arc shielded harpies.
Cabal Major Locations
- The Hollows on Mars - 3 to 5 Majors - Check the areas outside the Dust Palace and its entrance. Also check inside Building 5 to Building 7. Do a rotation like trying to do the Buried Story mission.